Thursday, April 17, 2014

Here I come, IRONMAN 70.3

          April 12th, a day before the race that athletes should have checked-in both themselves and their bikes. As usual, I needed to take the public transport to Putrajaya (this is the life without owing your personal transport) just for the check-in procedure and met with Zane to get the bike from him. Then, a crazy thought came into my mind, yes, I intended to camp beside the Lake Putrajaya but unfortunately that was raining cats and dogs and it was lucky that Zane offered me his place to stay. Looking at my 'The Hulk', I felt he is a burden out of sudden. 

No doubt, I was intended to sleep beside the lake :)

         When I reached, there was plenty of TT-bikes and muscular athletes. Gosh, I was like a stick man standing beside a hercules and felt all my air has been sucked out, haha. Besides, IRONMAN merchandise did have an expo over there, plenty of stuffs could be found like sun visor, Tees, mugs and etc. At the mean time waiting for Zane, I saw both my idols having a press conference, 3X IRONMAN World Champion— Craig "Crowie" Alexander and the one who inspired me— Li Shiao-Yu, Taiwanese national represented. Due to I was missed the pro-press conference with Brad Khalefeldt, Liz Blatchford and Radka Vodičková, off course I wouldn't miss out any chance to take any photos.But in fact, I didn't manage to take their autographs as Zane came in the wrong timing. We went for check-in and some bike fitting then grabbed a lunch. After checking-in and putting our bikes, next plane home.

Auditorium Cempaka Lobby

Li Shiao-Yu, and Crowie

My Bib No.

          I slept at 9 as usual as there was race on next and I need to get myself into transition area to set up my race gears and the problem came. I was completely no idea whether I not used to Zane's place or just merely my adrenaline get pumped. Lying down in bed and swiping the phone until 1:30a.m then I could only get into dream. But, by 4a.m I needed to wake up. I didn't know what would happen on race day.

I bought a sun visor, but first let me take a photo :P

My race partners, rock on race day Saucony #FindYourStrong


No comments:

Post a Comment